- EU BUSINESS AVENUES TO BRING EUROPEAN EXPERTISE TO SOUTH EAST ASIA
- Non-Revenue Water Reduction Training Course in Malaysia
- SEAWUN Board Meeting Term III, No.8
- SEAWUN welcomes New Board member from Thailand
- Seventh SEAWUN Board Meeting Term III
- ADB-Funded Wastewater Treatment Plant Turned Over to Manila Community
- The twinning program between BIWASE (Vietnam) and Vientiane Capital Water Supply State Enterprise (Laos)
- Seminar on 30-year development cooperation between Finland – Vietnam in water supply, drainage & sanitation sector”
- "Water for Life" UN Best Practices Award
- Case Studies on SEAWUN Utility Member Partnerships
- Signing Ceremony of Memorandum of Understanding between SEAWUN and the Malaysian Water Asociation
- Seminar on “Enterprises Reform in the Water Sector” – VIETWATER 2014
- Register for Seminar on “Enterprises Reform in the Water Sector”
- Reports for “ASEAN Water Forum – Promoting Sustainable Investment”
- ASEAN Water Forum - Promoting Sustainable Investment
PAWD holds 28th Annual National Convention
The convention was attended by 721 registered delegates from all over the country representing 120 water districts from Luzon, 37 from the Visayas islands and 46 from Mindanao. That number does not include the personages from the 54 company-exhibitors, contestants and coaches to the various competitions, the invited presenters, guests from the Local Water Utilities Administration (LWUA), the regulatory body of the water districts in the Philippines, and accompanying persons.
Presidential Chief of Staff, Sec. Michael T. Defensor as keynote speaker during the Opening Ceremonies of the 28th PAWD National Convention.
The first day of the Convention, 24th January, was highlighted by an Opening Ceremony in the morning and the 12th National Oratorical and Poster-making Contests for high school students in the afternoon. These two contests were presided over by the Chair of PAWD Watershed Development and Environment Committee, Juanita L. Bucoy, General Manager of Zamboanga City Water District. Also in that afternoon was the 6th Plumbing Olympics for water district employees representing their regional associations and officiated by the Technical Committee of PAWD. The first day ended with a Fellowship Night at the Grand Palazzo Royale showcased with magnificent cultural presentations.
The second day was filled with technical sessions mixed with product demonstrations divided into 5 panels which spilled-over the following day. In the morning the papers presented include the experience of Metro Tuguegarao Water District as 2006 Nationwide CSC PAG-ASA Awardee presented by their General Manager, Arnulfo P. Villania; ISO Certification of Metro Cebu Water District presented by their MIS Department Manager, Ronnie R. Legaspi ; Artificial Recharge through Rainwater Harvesting presented by the Managing Director of Aquadyne Technological Services, Inc., Mario P. Sandoval; Riverbank and Induced Infiltration presented by the Manager for Water Resources Development Division of LWUA, Virgilio L. Bombeta.
In the afternoon the topics were Sultan Kudarat Water District Experience on Iron and Manganese Removal presented by their General Manager, Jose D. Tabuga, Jr.; Solar Energy for Water Districts presented by Eduardo I. Sanque, Managing Director, WB Marketing Coordination Phils., Inc.; Updates on SEAWUN, Invitation for Membership and Attendance to the 2nd Biennial Convention in Kuala Lumpur in May 14 to 16, 2007 presented by Pablito S. Paluca, Chairman of PAWD Technical Committee; Water Balance and Infrastructure Leakage Index presented by the General Manager of Metro Cebu Water District, Armando H. Paredes; and Information Technology in Water Districts presented by Mario G. Villasan, General Manager of Cabanatuan City Water District.
In the morning of the third day the topics were Public-Private Partnership of the Cagayan de Oro City Water District Bulk Water Supply Project presented by their General Manager, Gaspar D. Gonzales, followed by the report on the PAWD 2005 Benchmarking Project presented by the Chairman of the Technical Committee.
Panel Moderators were all General Managers of water districts: Rodora N. Gamboa of Davao City; Armando H. Paredes of Metro Cebu; Ma. Antonia B.F. Boma of Camarines Norte; Carlos N. Santos, Jr. of Santa Maria (Bulacan); and, Juanito C. Aroa, Jr. of Malaybalay City.
The afternoon of the third day was highlighted by the General Assembly Meeting of all the members of PAWD present presided over by the Chairman of the PAWD Board of Governors, Arturo G. Villasan of Cabanatuan City Water District. The convention was culminated by a glamorous Awarding and Closing Ceremonies in the evening of 26th January which was presided over by Chair of the PAWD Awards Committee, Ma. Corazon G. Malaluan of Metro Kidapawan Water District.
The official website of PAWD was also launched in the said convention which may now be browsed at www.pawd.org.ph